Total time - 10ish hours (although I pulled the ideas out of my head, so a lot of it was just figuring out how to go about making it).
I had made a chudley cannons bag a while back, and while it looked quite pretty, it was hardly functional. I needed something that would hold at least 10 pounds so I could keep my video camera, camera, cords, chargers, and batteries in one place. So I figured cardboard would suit me best.
So I used a piece of paper to make the shape of the front and the back of the bag. Then I used that template to cut out my cardboard pieces and made the width of the purse with the leftover strips. After that I duct taped them (I did both front and back, just took the picture before doing so)
After they were duct taped, I started attaching the piece. It was easy enough to bend it to the U shape of the base. Then I added the second piece on top of it.
Next came the strap. I knew from previous experience that for my body, a 60 inch strap is perfect for me and for securing it correctly. So I made the strap with strips of paper towels, duct taped them together, and then electrical taped that. It was easy enough taping it to the purse, and you can see how far I made the straps go into the purse.
The flap was finally calling me. Because I really love using paper towels and duct tape together (thanks to the awesome person who did the electrical tape Slytherin tie tutorial on leaky), I used the same paper to trace the shape of the bottom of the flap. Then did a rough (and I mean rough) drawing of what I wanted the design to be. After deciding the design wasn't that bad, I used it to cut out the electrical tape. First, I put down the tape in strips for the color, then taped the drawing to the mat, and exacto-knifed around it. Pictured is the grass, the snitch, the clouds, and the wings.
After taping the flap, I put out some blue electrical for the sky, placed the grass over it, and put the rest of the design on.
Attach the flap to the back of the purse, tape the rest of the bag, and it is done!